I tweeted yesterday that it’s amazing how much God blesses me with His presence and confirmations. Even as I pause from composing this blog, I’m interrupted with more news that confirms God’s will and plan. Wow. Anyhoo, I digress.
What sparked this reflection was my church’s Sunday Talk on the story of Job. Here are the headlines that I though I’d share.
- There is a plan for your life that is bigger and better than what your ego thinks and desires.
- That plan comes to fruition when you know your oneness with God. God doesn’t give healing or abundance; God is healing and abundance.
- We have power when we come from a place of love, not fear.
- When we learn lessons from our life experiences, those lessons are for tuning your own life, not to tell somebody else about theirs. This includes “metaphysical malpractice” when we try to tell people that they need to think positive, say affirmations, or anything else we feel they’re lacking. We are to be known by the fruit we produce (Matthew 7:16)
- There are always two sides—the logical, action-oriented side and the spiritual, intuitive side.
- We have to live with integrity (logical, responsible, value-aligned action) and be spiritually attuned to God having a plan for your life.
- Job is an example for how we can repent (rethink what our life is about) and move from integrity to alignment with our spiritual side.
You all can only imagine how on time this message was for me. I hope it’s a blessing to someone else.